Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Serenade with Dino: "Silver Bells"

Hey pallies, likes time for 'nother special Dino-cheerin' edition of our "Sunday Serenade with Dino." Today's guest Dino-commentator is our Dino-passionate pallie Miss AOW from the premier politico pad "Always On Watch." If you clicks on the tagg of this Dino-patter you will gets to Miss AOW's site and her original Dino-post that this special edition of the Dino-serenade is based on.

Today's Dino-winter-tune is truly 'nother amazin' Dino-classic....."Silver Bells." Truly loves how our Miss AOW speaks of our "Dino's velvet crooning"....a wonderfully Dino-description of how our great man sings this great Dino-seasonal tune.

It's so cool that Miss AOW associates wonderful memories of her "deartest aunt" with our Dino's rendition of "Silver Bells." And ain't that the case with many of us Dino-holic pallies....hearin' our Dino's masterful voice singin' a Dino-seasonal selection oftens brings back such heartfelt memories of Dino-winter's past.

Likes pallies, woulda loves to hear some patter from you 'bout this or any other Dino-winter-tune that evokes wonderful Dino-memories for you dudes. Drop a line and let's all us Dino-holics hear your Dino-tales of past Dino-winter-month Dino-memories.

Now likes sits backs and enjoy our pallie Miss AOW's thoughts on our Dino's croonin' of "Silver Bells", and likes of course the Dino-tune itself.... Dino-rememberin', DMP



My dearest aunt, a second mother to me, who recently passed away at the age of 94. This beloved aunt of mine loved "Silver Bells," especially the version our Dino did.

Every time I hear "Silver Bells," I think of my aunt. In fact, when she was over at my house for Christmas Eve in 2008, her last visit to my home, I played the song on the piano especially for her, and she sang along. Good memories.

Besides, who can be sad when listening to our Dino's velvet crooning? Just the sound of his voice makes the season merry!





Silver Bells

City sidewalks busy sidewalks
Dressed in holiday style
In the air there's a feeling of Christmas
Children laughing people passing meeting smile after smile
And on every street corner you hear

Silver bells
Silver bells
It's Christmas time in the city
Ring-a-ling
Hear them sing
Soon it'll be Christmas day

Silver bells
Silver bells
It's Christmas time in the city
Ring-a-ling
Hear them ring
Soon it'll be Christmas day

4 comments:

Jesse said...

can't find your email... but found a Dean Martin photo you might like... email me jbohjkl@yahoo.com I'm Justacarguy.blogspot, we chatted about my post of Dean's cars once

Always On Watch said...

Hey, DMP. Thanks so much for posting my little commentary about the wonderful memories I associate with this song.

I've been a devoted Dino fan for over four decades. All those years of celebrating Christmas by listening to his voice crooning as only he could! As far as I'm concerned, Christmas isn't Christmas without hearing our Dino's renditions of Christmas songs. Sometimes, technology isn't our friend. But during this season, we owe technology a great debt because it is that technology that preserves the sound of our Dino's magnificent voice.

Merry Christmas!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, thanks for stoppin' by Jesse...will send you my email man...and enjoys some Dino-cheer this Dino-season....

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, so well stated Miss AOW....and so glad to share a few of your Dino-thoughts durin' this Dino-season....in so many ways I thinks that it is so appro that our beloved Dino left the planet durin' the holiday of cheer....'cause nobody sings winter cooler then our King of Cool...and with each passin' year I am more and more drawn to our Dino's winter croonin'...and I thanks technology for that Dino-result...all my best to you and Mr. AOW as we approach Dino-winter-day....