Monday, December 27, 2010

Oh! Dino How I Miss You.

Hey pallies, likes it is always so so refreshin' to discover 'nother pallie who is truly full of passion for our beloved Dino. Today's Dino-gram comes from the blog, "Longshot's Blog" where the chick-writer declares, "Oh! Dino How I Miss You."

As you will read, this Dino-lovin' lady has known, loved, and honored our Dino for a number of decades, and has done so since a tender age...."I absolutely adored this man from the time I was a little girl." It is so heart-warmin' to read the impact that our Dino has had on this lady's life...and the life of her family...and how our Dino continues to help her connect to wonderful memories of the past.

It brings likes such happiness to hear how our beloved Dino has impacted her life and to hear her Dino-testimonal of deep, pure, full, and true Dino-devotion. Readin' others liftin' up the name of our Dino with such passion simply affirms the reason that ilovedinomartin exists...to help others to celebrate the life and legacy of our beloved Dino.

ilovedinomartin expresses our deepest Dino-appreciato to the author of "Longshot's Blog" for givin' unabashedly sharin' her Dino-love with all her readers. To view this in it's original format, please clicks on the tagg of this Dino-post. Dino-awed, DMP



Oh! Dino How I Miss You. ~
Dean Martin

Christmas day unfortunately was the 15th anniversary of Dean Martin’s death Dec. 25th, 1995. I absolutely adored this man from the time I was a little girl. Everyone talked about Sinatra and yes he was a Singers singer. But if you wanted an Italian singer of Italian songs, then for me it was Dino. I’ll never forget wearing out two 45s when we lived at my grandma’s 65-68. Professor, Professor & An Evening in Roma. I could sing the Italian part of the first to perfection. It was then and still now to this day my favorite Italian record. When we moved, my favorite aunt knowing how much I loved these two records gave them to me. When I sit and think about it I laugh, saying to myself did she really give them to me because she knew how much I loved them. Or did she give them to me because after me playing them ( on their old Hi-Fi ) 100 times a day for three straight years, and her listening to them a 100 times a day for three straight years, was just plain SICK OF HEARING THEM. LOL

I still have the records and they still get played, although when I listen to Professor, Professor tears at times start flowing because of the memories of where I played and listened to them. That particular Aunt died in 1996. So if there is anybody my age ( 53 ) and no doubt anybody from my parents era reading this. This is my tribute to one of my favorite singers. A 1,000 times better looking than Sinatra, and more smoother. He might have been part of one of the best comedy acts in show biz history, but to me he was just my favorite Italian singer. Girls screamed for Sinatra in their day, and every Thursday night at 10:00 pm growing up. I tried to not get caught sneaking around the corner to watch Dean Martin, otherwise a lot of yelling and hitting occurred. ( Yes we had a specific time you had to go to bed when young ). I’d gladly be willing to be screamed at now if only Dino was here to sneak around and watch. How I Miss that man.



Born Dino Paul Crocetti



And the moment that made television history that many longed for in 1976.























Everybody loved Dean Martin. And this person misses and loved him very much. 15 years ago he left this world, 15 years later his music keeps many memories alive.

In the Heart where it counts. Somebody may wonder why post an In Memory on Christmas Day.

For me more than Dino’s music some beautiful memories were made.

My Dad and his whole side are gone. There is an empty void on Christmas for me that can never again be replaced. Dino’s Music reminds me of how good Christmas Eve and Day was at a time when younger when they were all here. I miss that house on the East Side of Detroit. I miss the homemade Macaroni’s, Vino, all the Italian Cookies and baked goods my Aunt Bridget made for the entire family.

So when you no longer can be with whom you want because they’ve gone beyond your reach. You reach out to them anyway you can. This Singer and the memories from his songs is my homage to whom I will always miss at Christmas. And it is his music that still allows a little piece of all of them to always remain with me. So here’s to some beautiful memories.

The song playing I can’t explain it’s meaning to you in words. It’s contained in my heart of a specific memory of my favorite Aunt Anna ( Annie ). How I miss her and the Chistmas that once upon a time that was.

La Famiglia “ vivi, ridi, & ama “.

Mi manchi, ti voglio bene, Sei in mio cuore.



“Salute”

6 comments:

Danny G. said...

That's a truly Dino devoted post! I loved it! I can relate with her because I too have many great memories that Dino sings the soundtrack to. Pure Dino-affection!

Danny G.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, Danny-o, likes I knew you would have much Dino-appreicato for this particular Dino-most and coulda relate Dino-muchly to what this lady wrote...I truly loves to find others who are so open 'bout sharin' this Dino-devotion....woulda loves to have you, if and when you have some time, share some of your "many great memories that Dino sings the soundtrack to."

Anonymous said...

I can really identify with this lady.
Even thought I wasn`t around when girls were screaming for Sinatra, I grew up hearing my friends talk about and go crazy over singers like Bon Jovi, Justin Timberlake, Madonna.
For me there was only Dino and for years I felt like I was alone in my love for Dino but a whole new generation is discovering how great Dean was.

They are discovering what I have known all my life :)

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes how cool Ky that you can relate so well to this Dino-lovin' lady....and what a thrill it musta be for you to find so many of today' youth turnin'on to our beloved Dino...thanks for droppin' some Dino-patter our Dino-devoted Miss Kylie...

Always On Watch said...

What a wonderful tribute by Longshot!

Thanks, DMP, for finding this.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, thanks for the Dino-appreciato Miss AOW...my callin' is to let the wider Dino-world know of others who have deep and pure and true affection for our beloved Dino...and I tries to do it to the best of my Dino-abilities...