Sunday, May 14, 2017

Danny G's Sunday Serenade with Dino: "The Last Time I Saw Paris"




"Bonjour, copains!" (Hello, pallies!)
 "Bienvenue!" (Welcome!)
 Haha!! Am I freakin' youse out yet? Hahaha!!!

Just layin' a little French 101 on youse
. Just tryin' to have a little fun here, my friends!

Settin' the stage...if youse will.

Well, pals...I guess you don't need to be King Louis the 5th to see where I'm goin' with this week's Serenade! Ha!
I'm feelin' a little "Dino French Style" comin' on.

I mean it just seems to go hand & hand with this time of year.
Youse agree, mi amici? Oops...I mean "Mes amies?"
Ahhhhhh, "Oui Oui!" Yes Yes! Good! "Bien!"

The best part 'bout pickin' from this GREAT GREAT & FUN FUN al b um...is that EVERY SINGLE TUNE is AWESOME!!! Hahaha!!!

I know, I know...ALL Dean's tunes are awesome.
But...I'm PRETTY sure I've grabbed a perfecto jam for today!
Oops, again!
Ugh!
I mean "Une chanson parfait!" Haha!!

This is REALLY tough, pallies!
Can't seem to shake my crazy "Dino-slang"! Haha!!

Anyways...how's 'bout we ask our pal, Dean...to tell us ALL 'bout "The Last Time He Saw Paris"? "Bien?"
"Bien!"
Let's do it!

This may be the beginnin' of a "French Style" bender for me, pals!
Once I get hooked on this FINE FINE piece of Dino-vinyl...it's OH SO SO hard to let go!

Well...ain't NOTHIN' wrong with that, my friends!

OK, monsieurs & mamsellies...pour up a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon...put on your best beret & enjoy!

"Au Revoir, pallies!"


The last time I saw Paris
Her heart was warm and gay
I heard the laughter of her heart in every street cafe
The last time I saw Paris
Her trees were dressed for spring
And lovers walked beneath those trees
And birds found songs to sing
I dodged the same old taxicabs
That I had dodged for years
The chorus of the squeaky horns
Was music to my ears
Oh the last time I saw Paris
Her heart was warm and gay
No matter how they changed her
I'll remember her ah that way
Dodged the same old taxicabs
That I had dodged for years
The chorus of the squeaky horns
Was music to my ears
Yea, the last time I saw Paris
Her heart was warm and gay
No matter how they change her
I'll remember her that way
The last time I saw Paris
The last time I saw Paris



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the song! Paris is one of my fav cities (went there in 2014). The fact that Dean sings well makes this song even better.

BlueisCoool said...

What a great time of the year to visit Paris, since that is not going to happen for me this is the next best thing. The perfect spring song Danny G., thank you for your hard work.

Have a great week.

Scott

Always On Watch said...

That truncated version in the second video is expressive beyond measure!

Thanks for posting both versions, Danny G.

Danny G. said...

Glad youse guys dug the Serenade! Dino & Spring are my two FAVE O RITE thins'! See ya' next week! Ciao!