Sunday, September 01, 2013

Danny G's Sunday Serenade with Dino: "Houston"




Giddy up pallies! Hahaha!!! Ride em' cowboy!!! I thought we Dino-holics could use us a wee bit of Tex Martin on this un-official "end to Summer" weekend.


 Now whether Dean is wrustlin' up some cattle or swoonin' & croonin' in some posh Vegas showroom...he's STILL the coolest ranch hand this side of the Alamo! Haha!

 This week's Serenade, "Houston", might be a "down & out" type tune 'bout some lonesome dude longin' for his hometown...but man o man pals...Dean can squeeze the fun outta any blue blue day!!!

 We still got some Summer left pallies...let's squeeze as many good times outta it as possible! Enjoy!   

Well it's lonesome in this old town
Everybody puts me down
I'm a face without a name
Just walking in the rain
Goin' back to Houston, Houston, Houston
I got holes in both of my shoes
Well I'm a walking case of the blues
Saw a dollar yesterday
But the wind blew it away
Goin' back to Houston, Houston, Houston
I haven't eaten in about a week
I'm so hungry when I walk I squeak
Nobody calls me friend
It's sad the shape I'm in
Goin' back to Houston, Houston, Houston
Goin' back to Houston, Houston, Houston
I got a girl waiting there for me
Well at least she said she'd be
I got a home and a big warm bed
And a feather pillow for my head
Goin' back to Houston, Houston, Houston
Well it's lonesome in this old town
Everybody put me down
I'm a face without a name
Just walking in the rain
Goin' back to Houston, Houston, Houston

2 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I haven't eaten in about a week
I'm so hungry when I walk I squeak


Forced rhyme, but because of our Dino's comedic background, he can pull it off successfully!

Danny G. said...

No one did it better Ms. AOW!