Daum is eagerly encouragin' his remarkable readership to reflect on some of our Dino's and his partner in comedy Mr. Jerry Lewis' quintessential quotations in his energetic entry, "In Times of Stress, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis Can Still Lighten the Mood," at the 'net pad "Inc." Kevin is "an Inc. 500 entrepreneur with a more than $1 billion sales and marketing track record" and "the best-selling author of Video Marketing for Dummies and Roar! Get Heard in the Sales and Marketing Jungle."
Kevin celebrates the 70th anniversary of our Dino and Jerry's radio debut with relevant reflections on Martin & Lewis' decade long partnership who as Daum swankly states "will tickle your funny bone today, just as they did for audiences 70 years ago." Kev follows this up with a marvelous mixture of funny thoughts from both our most beloved Dino and his most beloved partner, Mr. Jerry Lewis.
Likes it brings us such deeply deeply delightful Dino-happiness to have someone of Mr. Kevin Daum supreme stature awesomely affirmin' our Dino and Jerry and awesomely advisin' his readers to turn to them for relief from the these stressful days of our lives. We hugely heartily thank Mr. Kevin Daum for liftin' up our one and only Dino and Mr. Lewis is this wonderful way and also thank the pallies at "Inc." for gettin' this spread all over the world wide web. To checks this out in it's original source, likes simply clicks on the tag of this Dino-gram.
Yours In Dino,
Dino Martin Peters
In Times of Stress, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis Can Still Lighten the Mood
On the 70th anniversary of their radio debut, Martin and Lewis are still reminding people to laugh a little more and stress a little less.
By Kevin Daum Inc. 500 entrepreneur and best-selling author
Most people need a little more laughter in their life. Finding comedy in the little things is one of the most important ways I've found to maintain sanity when the world around you seems to be going mad. Life is hard enough when you have a sense of humor; I can only imagine it would be unbearable without one.
In April 1949, two relative unknowns took to radio microphones and launched one of the most successful broadcast partnerships in history. Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis had started performing together only three years prior, and hadn't gained any popularity beyond the East coast. But in 10 too-short years of partnership, they became one of the most famous comedy duos of all time. As a theater major in college, I especially appreciate the success they found on radio when so much of their act could be physical and visual.
The broadcast comedy of yesteryear is quite different from much of the comedy popular today. Martin and Lewis performed in a time when nary a swearword was permitted, and any risqué comedy had to be eliminated or subtle. But edgy or not, funny is funny, and Martin and Lewis have held up to the test of time.
Whether you're straight-laced like Martin or more zany like Lewis, these quotes from those two talented men will tickle your funny bone today, just as they did for audiences 70 years ago:
1. "I have some very personal feelings about politics, but I don't get into it because I do comedy already." - Jerry Lewis
2. "I'd hate to be a teetotaler. Imagine getting up in the morning and knowing that's as good as you're going to feel all day." - Dean Martin
3. "I get paid for what most kids get punished for." - Jerry Lewis
4. "I call it a wonderful job, working in pictures. And if any actor tells you it's tough, tell 'em they're full of beans. . . .To become half a success in what you do, you have to enjoy it or else you become a griper. The good Lord gave me a talent and I'll use it until I run dry." - Dean Martin
5. "I have always said that I cannot allow the child within me to die. It's kept me alive." - Jerry Lewis
6. "You might as well like yourself; just think about all the time you're gonna have to spend with you." - Jerry Lewis
7. "Milton Berle is an inspiration to every young person that wants to get into show business. Hard work, perseverance, and discipline: all the things you need...when you have no talent." - Dean Martin
8. "It'll keep you alive for another 10 years if you get yourself a laugh once a day: either provoke it, or look around in the wildest laboratory in the world, the public." - Jerry Lewis
9. "I've had great success being a total idiot." - Jerry Lewis
10. "You may catch more flies with honey than vinegar, but you'll get them to work harder if you use a flyswatter." - Jerry Lewis
11. "When your opponent's sittin' there holdin' all the aces, there's only one thing to do: kick over the table." - Dean Martin