Sunday, August 21, 2016

Danny G's Sunday Serenade with Dino: "La Giostra"

Buon Giorno, Pallies! Welcome!
Ahhh...what a GREAT GREAT time of year, mi amici!
Italian food...Happy people...Dancin' kiddies...& more Dino than youse can absorb in just one FANTASTICO day!
Yup...youse guessed it...It's "Italian Festival"  season, here in good ol' New England!
Man o man...I just can't thinks of a more PERFECTO way to cap off summery days...than to soak up these SWINGIN' SINGIN' vibes...down at Mt. Carmel church...with Mama G. ,my kiddies & all my local paisani! Hahaha!!!

OK...I better chill with the "Italian" thin'. It's makin' me wanna pour up the vino...& it's only 8:00 am!!! Haha!!
Can't help myself, pals!
It's just such a WON DER FUL feelin' in the air.
It's a time to forget life's troubles.
A time to 'member what's REALLY important.
Put the negative stuff on the back burner...just for a moment...& soak in the GOOD thins'!
I know it isn't always easy, pallies...we ALL have troubles to deal with.
But...I thinks I can help!
I have a tune that is GUA RAN TEED to get youse floatin'!
Thinkin' happy thoughts & gettin' that Pep back in your Step! Ha!

Now, pals...when I thinks 'bout these FUN FUN festivals...the one thin' that seems to wrap the whole ball of Dino...food...music...& smilin' faces, up...is the Merry-Go-Round!
Takes me back to years LONG gone by, my friends.
Spinnin' round & round...catchin' a glimpse of certain faces as I'd twirl to the sounds of Dean's SMOOTH SMOOTH voice.
Ahhhh...what a time it was!
 I think we could ALL use a spin!

Today's Serenade, "La Giostra" is definitely one of my Summertime faves & I LOVE to share it every year...here at our AWESOM little blog...with ALL my AWESOME fellow Dino- paisani!

Here we go, pallies!
Turn it up & enjoy the ride with Dino!
Ciao!

(La giostra d'amore La giostra d'amore La giostra (?) So, merry-go-round of love) When I want your carress And your eyes tell me yes But your lips tell me no Round in circles I go, on love's la giostra (The merry-go-round) With my feet off the ground On that merry-go-round I go nowhere, but fast Oh, how long will I last, on love's la giostra ? When my head's in a spin You give out, you give in And your kisses are sweet Then my heart's at your feet, just as before Being in love is like taking a ride on a giostra La giostra (?) So, merry-go-round of love (La giostra d'amore La giostra d'amore La giostra (?) So, merry-go-round of love) When my head's in a spin You give out, you give in And your kisses are sweet When my heart's at your feet, just as before Being in love is like taking a ride on la giostra La giostra (?) So, merry-go-round of love (La giostra d'amore La giostra d'amore) La giostra (?) So, merry-go-round of love ….

3 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Perfect for Italian Festival in New England!

Thanks, Danny G!

BlueisCoool said...

What a great and sweet sounding song with a definite Italian flavor, what more can you ask for!? Thank you Danny G. for a wonderful summer time song!

Have a wonderful week.

Scott

Danny G. said...

Glad youse Dino-holics dug the summery Italiano tune! See ya' next week! Grazie, mi amici!