Thursday, March 04, 2010

Dean Martin Fell In Love In Sault Ste Marie!

Hey pallies, from the Soo News.ca pad of Sault Ste Marie, Michigan comes likes this groovy sorta Dino-find. Reporter Craig Huckerby shares how Soo News.ca viewer Frank DeSimon discovered this obscure Dino-tune "I Fell In Love In Sault Ste. Marie."

Gotta 'fess up that this is one Dino-recordin' that I have never ever heard of before. Any of you pallies have any Dino-info that shed some Dino-light on the Dino-history of this Michigan song of amore? If you click on the original post by clickin' on the tagg of this Dino-gram you will find a player where you can listen to our Dino croonin' by the Soo!

You just never know where our Dino is goin' to turn up next. Thanks to Mr. Huckerby and Mr. DeSimon for puttin' us on to this Dino-gem. Dino-reportin', DMP

Dean Martin Fell In Love In Sault Ste Marie!

Craig Huckerby for SooNews.ca
Thursday, March 4, 2010, 2:39PM



SooNews.ca viewer, Frank DeSimon, sent in a little note about a song he accidentally stumbled upon.

It's a song by the late crooner, Dean Martin about Sault Ste. Marie.

"After numerous hours of downloading music over the last few months, I found the attached gem as my 1,782nd song (that’s for real). This is a legitimate Dean Martin recording. Who knows why he would ever have recorded this song? The third line doesn’t even make sense to me."

Here's the full lyrics to the tune - to listen to the recording, hit play on the video player to the left.




I fell in love in Sault Ste. Marie
My every dream came true the moment you walked by
These stars above I held you to me
And we kissed 'til the dawn touched the sky

We said adieu in Sault Ste. Marie
And though we had to part I left my heart with you
So my love wait for me
And I'll come back to you in Sault Ste. Marie

So my love wait for me
And I'll come back to you in Sault Ste. Marie
____________________
We went searching to see if we could find any info on the song, we can tell you that it was recorded a few of Dean Martin's albums in the 1960's.

If yu know the history of the song, who wrote it and when it was published, send us a note at SooNews.ca

8 comments:

Maria Jensen said...

Well this isn't help, but i had this song for a long long time now! Mine is live recording from somewhere, since i can hear someone talking in the background! Probably from a Rat Pack performers or something.. but i'v had this sing for over a year now!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, well, very interestin'....a true Dino-mystery...is it on a Dino-al-b-um that you have acquired?

Maria Jensen said...

Yes, it's on a Rat Pack album.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, when you find it 'mong your vast Dino-treasure woulda you post the title so I can pursue Dino-ownership of said al-b-um....just loves the way our Dino sez al-b-um....

Maria Jensen said...

It's simply called: Rat Pack, the stars that made Las Vegas

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, mighta you be able to share the publisher of said Dino-disc so I cans likes try to track it down?

wesly said...

Well pallies, you can all stop your searching because the answer is very simple. Dean never recorded this song but he sang it on the Martin & Lewis radio show of 5 June 1949.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes thanks so much for sharin' that significant Dino-detail with us...gotta checks out whether I have the Dino-show in my Dino-treasure...now please, don't make youself a stranger 'round these here Dino-parts....