Tuesday, May 29, 2018

So for all the years I’ve been touting some of Dean Martin’s greatest roles, you’ve never even seen them.

Image result for dean martin gifs ilovedinomartin

Hey pallies, likes while our most beloved Dino didn't need or want pallies to stick up for him, we can't help by gets primoly psyched out anytime we read of one who is deeply deeply devoted to our Dino darin'ly defend the life, times, and teachin's of our King of Cool.  Likes such is the cooler then cool case this very Dino-day as we take youse to the scribin's of Mr. Mick LaSalle(pictured to the left), movie critic for The San Francisco Chronicle.

Recently in his column for the Chronicle," Ask Mick LaSalle," deeply devoted to Dino pallie, Mr. Steve “Dino” Donikian (pictured on the left below),of San Leandro took LaSalle to task for his apparent lack of apprecation for our one and only Dino and below is "Dino" Donikian's quire and Mick LaSalle's reply.


Dino Donikian
We awesomely applaud Mr.  Donikian's publicly challengin' Mr. LaSalle's attitudes toward our Dino and for Mr. LaSalle's willin'ness to not only print Mr. Donikian's quire, but to respectfully respond to it.  While, of course, we are in complete agreement with Donikian's deep devotion to our Dino, we also appreciate Mr. LaSalle's honest response to Mr. Donikian.  It's a lovely liftin' up of the name of our Dino and will surely help many of LaSalle's readership to be drawn into the Dino-fold, if for no other reason than curiosity.

Likes who is Mr. Steve "Dino Donikian's and how did he get the tag Dino?  Well, we're answer those questions on the 'morrow with 'nother Dino-centric post, so stay tuned pallies!  To check out's today's Dino-sharin' at it's original source, likes simply clicks on the tag of this Dino-gram.

We Remain,

Yours in Dino,

Dino Martin Peters


Ask Mick LaSalle: Don’t ignore huge story arc connecting all ‘Avengers’ movies

By Mick LaSalle  May 9, 2018

So Mick: So for all the years I’ve been touting some of Dean Martin’s greatest roles, you’ve never even seen them. As a film critic, that is pretty weak. When I reviewed films, I often saw movies that had actors I didn’t care for, but still saw the films and tried to give an honest review. Please don’t see the classic “Rio Bravo.” Better forget about seeing “Some Came Running” — it has that other guy you don’t care for, Frank Sinatra. Also, don’t bother with “The Young Lions.”

Steve “Dino” Donikian, San Leandro

So Steve: I’ve seen “Some Came Running” — it’s a great movie, and I’ve written about it and have shown it to students. I’ve seen “The Young Lions” (1958) and liked it, though I forgot Dean Martin was in it. Maybe that’s for the best. As for seeing movies with actors I don’t care for, that’s practically the job description. Yet most of the time, when forced to see people over and over that I don’t like, I gradually end up liking them, either because a certain Stockholm syndrome kicks in or because, like Adam Sandler, they actually get better with the years. But obviously, none of this can apply to dead actors from 60 years ago. They’re not getting any better. And if I don’t like them, I sure am not going to make them the focus of my leisure hours. I certainly will not turn my living room into “A Clockwork Orange,” strap myself into a chair and watch Dean Martin movies with my eyelids taped open. You’ll be amazed, but that doesn’t sound like fun to me. So, no, I’m not a fan of Dean Martin. I do like him in a few things, and I like some of his recordings. But to me he will always be a smug buffoon with a variety show, either drunk or making believe he’s drunk and laughing all over himself at those mirthless celebrity roasts. That was the Dean Martin I grew up with. Plus, I find the whole Rat Pack thing repulsive.

4 comments:

Danny G. said...

Yea I seen this the other day, pal. Mick just don’t get our Dino’s genius. That’s fine. Cool & talented All ‘round entertainers/great guys aren’t for everybody, I suppose. Maybe he’s more of a Jerry guy. I’d be interested in who Mick would consider a talented actor. Not too interested though! Haha!!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallies, likes Danny-o, mostly we shared this Dino-gram 'cause of Mr. Steve “Dino” Donikian's deepest of deep devotion to our most beloved Dino, not so much for Mick's thoughts.
Keeps lovin' 'n sharin' our most most most beloved DINO!

Always On Watch said...

Disrespecting the Rat Pack? Ugh.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Miss AOW, you heard it here first. Keeps lovin' our most beloved DINO!