Sunday, July 09, 2017

Danny G's Sunday Serenade with Dino: "I'll Buy That Dream"



Hey there, pallies!

So...how's Summer treatin' youse so far?

Too hot & muggy?

Well...I've heard...some like it HOT! Ha! 

I, for one, will take the sticky heat...over the frigid cold...any day of the year. pals.  

But, mi amici...I knows it can be hard to find some much needed shade & peace of mind...some days.

Hard to keep our brains on ice. 

So with these hot & sweaty days here to stay...for awile...I figured I pick 'nother really cool & easy...SULTRY type tune...to help chill thins' out...just a bit.

A jam to get us swoonin' & croonin' &  ignore the sweatin' & the stressin'!

Sound good to youse?

Cool!

Let's go!

 This week's Serenade, "I'll Buy That Dream", off Dino's 1964 al b um, "Dream with Dean", is the PERFECTO kinda song for a late night float in the pool...drink in hand...obviously. HaHa!!

 Maybe even a relaxin' ride in the moonlight...on a hot & muggy July evenin'!

 Man! What a thought! Haha!!

Now, pallies...pool or no pool...I thinks we ALL can grab that drink... turn this Dino-ditty WAY up...and Dream away with Dean. Tranquility at it's best, my friends.  

Balmy thoughts & hot, hot places. Yummy, chilled drinks & tan, happy faces!

Sounds like Summer to me! 

We better put some of those thoughts on ice, pals...it goes quick.

 Here's to keepin' the Summer long & hot...but still OH SO COOL!!! 

 Enjoy!  


Imagine me with my head on your shoulder
And you with your lips getting bolder
A sky full of moon and a sweet, mellow tune
I'll buy that dream
Imagine you in a gown white and flowery
And you thanking Dad for your dowry
A church full of folks and those last minute jokes
I'll buy that dream
A honeymoon in Cairo, with a brand new auto gyro
When home I rocket in a wink
We'll settle down at Dallas in a little low crazy palace
Oh, it's not as crazy as you think
Imagine me on our first anniversary
With some one like you in the nursery
It doesn't sound bad, and if it can be had
I'll buy that dream
A honeymoon in Cairo, in a brand new auto gyro
When home I rocket in a wink
We'll settle down at Dallas in a little coo-coo palace
It's not as crazy as you think
Imagine me on our first anniversary
With some one like you in the nursery
It don't sound bad, and if it can be had
I'll buy that dream

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great song! I loved the way Dino sang 'I'll buy that dream' at the end of the song.

Unknown said...

Great tune from a great al-buum pallie!
Top shelf Danny!

Danny G. said...

Thanks Ed...my Dino-diggin bro!

BlueisCoool said...

A wonderful sounding tune for a hot and humid summer day Danny G. You are so rite my friend, before you know it the cold winter weather will be creeping back so enjoy the heat while you can. lol

Have a great week.

Scott

Danny G. said...

Glad youse dug the Serenade, Mabel & Scotty, my pals! Soak up the sun & ALWAYS the Dino!