Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dean Martin- Gentle on My Mind

Hey pallies, likes today's Dino-gram comes from the "Blowing The Dust Off The LP's: Album A Day Reviews" blog modded by a dude tagged Bradley. I likes his review of our Dino's "Gentle On My Mind" al-b-um very much. Instead of just listin' each of the 10 Dino-tunes on the disc, Mr. Bradley shares with us a little Dino-patter 'bout each. Seems this guy gets Martin and he has some cool thoughts to share on each of the tracks of this classic LP recordin'.

Besides the review, this Dino-lovin- pallie always does us the Dino-favor of postin' a Dino-clip from the Dino-show of our great man singin' the title tune of this al-b-um. So, enjoys the review and the clip and keeps our Dino always gently on your minds... And, as usual, to view today's featured blogger' blog, just clicks on the title of this post pallies'o'mine... Dino-forever, DMP

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dean Martin- Gentle on My Mind

Born Dino Paul Crocetti in Steubenville, Ohio to Italian immigrant parents,Dean Martin was one of the multi talented original members of the "Rat Pack". Martin also had the shadow of the Mafia connections that were rumored with him. And who can forget the teaming of Lewis and Martin, who were big box office draws of their time. The Album Gentle on My Mind peaked at #14 in the United States and #9 in the United Kingdom. In the United Kingdom the title track became a major Pop hit, reaching #2 in March 1969.

Side 1.
1. "Not Enough Indians" - Like I am on the set of a TV western and I keep going past the same Rock. Dino knows how to have fun with the words and you can see him preform this song. ( 3 out of 4)

2. "That Old Time Feelin'" -His voice is a smooth as a newborns Bottom. Feels like I am hanging out at he Cool Cat Pad. (3)

3. "Honey" - The Bob Russell version has more soul, but Dino's voice still makes this wonderful song work. (2 3/4)

4. "Welcome to My Heart" - What it feels like drinking cocktails with Dino. (3)

5. "By the Time I Get to Phoenix" - Dressing up to the nines. Very classy. (3)

Side 2
1. "Gentle on My Mind" - This song sticks out from the rest of them. This is what you want from Martin. The song's were he plays around and has fun. You remember what makes him a good performer. (4)

2. "That's When I See the Blues (In Your Pretty Brown Eyes)" - I wish my Grandma was alive to sing this to me. (3)

3. "Rainbows Are Back In Style"- Rock Hudson's favorite song on the album. I kid. Although, this song could of been in one of those Hudson/Day Flicks. This song gives you hope. (3)

4. "Drowning In My Tears" - Shallow end if they come from Sammy Davis, Jr. (2 3/4)

5. "April Again" - April is the cruelest month and so is this song. Very Dry. (2)





Posted by bradleyjdor at 12:46 PM

2 comments:

Maria Jensen said...

Yey, great find : ) Not sure i agree with everything he is say saying, but it's good stuff!

Great post, as always : )

PS: take a look at my blog today or tomorrow, i will try to post a Rat Pack live show from Vegas : )

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, yeah, no everthin' posted here always meets my 100% Dino-approval, but likes I gets to Dino-psyched to find more and more pallies liftin' up the name of our Dino amd makin' him known to more and more folks...and to me that's all good...will try and view soon...