Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Ed's Epistle Presents: "Frank & Deans Hollywood Party"

"I've been high before, but not this high."
                                                               -Dean Martin 1959

Ladies & Gentlemen! Happy 2017 from your pallie Ed!
Oooooh, been longer than a limo since this here pally tried scribin' a post here at this Dino clam bake. Made one of those New Year resolutions to put aside some time to contribute to Mr. DMP, and Danny G at this glorious Dino-votion pad.

Been combing through my Dino-library, looking for a lost bottle of Jack Daniels gasoline, ran across a thing or two I'd like to share in this 2017 Year Of Dino.


Dino-centennial baby. 100 years celebrating the birth, and life, of  Dino Paul Crocetti. This pally can't imagine a world without the King of Cool. Song, live shows, movies, the voice, the look, the legacy. Speaking of live shows, this pally would like to share, perhaps introduce to some, a track from a 'rare' bootleg CD, "Frank & Deans Hollywood Party", from the 1959 SHARE Boomtown Party. Recorded live, with many coo-coo guest stars, including one Frances Albert Sinatra, and a wonderful special appearance by Jeanie Martin. Ring-a-ding, baby.
I do believe portions of this was later used in the Capital Release "The Capital Years". I chose a wonderful track to put out here to the blog, I hope you do enjoy it. I'm not 100% the rarity of the CD, or the tracks themselves, but nonetheless, they are a treasure to listen to. More crazy tracks to be shared later, baby. So here's to looking up your address!



9 comments:

Danny G. said...

Hey Ed, my pal! The link won't open for me! Ugh! Is it my 'puter or was there a prob downloadin'! Let me know. I'll keeps tryin'. Says "Private" when I try to play.

Unknown said...

Oh my! let ne fix that.. try now Danny....
Been rusty Ive been pallie!!

Danny G. said...

That's better, pal! Great great post too! Sounded like a lotta fun! Even Jeannie got in on the act! Haha!! Man...what I wouldn't give to be back then! Thanks for sharin', Ed my man! Never heard. Keep 'em comin'!

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoy Danny, and boy oh man, what I wouldnt give to go back to day of Dino performin live like this!

Always On Watch said...

Ed,
Wonderful! Thanks so much for this.

Unknown said...

My pleasure to be able to share!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Eddie-o, what a supreme surprise and terrific treat for Dino-holics all over the globe. Can't wait for your next incredible installment of Dino-delight! Keeps lovin' 'n sharin' our most beloved Dino!

Unknown said...

My pleasure as usual!

Side note to that track, Dino was lowered down in a trampoline swing. So being the cooler than a cucumber he was, he was able to sing while on the swing.
I wish I can remember where I read that. Hence verse about him not being Japanese.

Ed

Danny G. said...

Was wondering that. Thanks again, Ed!