Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Hey pallies, likes here is more info on the new Rat Pack Release. From the pad, "Reverb The MSN Music Blog" comes this post by Mr. Mark C. Anderson, comes the list of tunes on "The Very Best Of The Rat Pack."
The Dino-tunes are favourite classic Dino-fare 'cept for a track that features our Dino and the Sam singin' "Sam's Song." Likes will certainly have to pick this up for that selection alone!
ilovedinomartin sez our thanks to Mr. Anderson for helpin' to promote this new al-b-um and helpin' others to draw close to our Dino. And, btw, loves the outstandin' pix that Anderson chose to use to highlight this pack patter. To view this in it's original format, likes just clicks on the tagg of this here Dino-post. Dino-delightedly, DMP
Frank Sinatra: An exclusive listen to an unreleased track
The Chairman of the Board lives on in new Rat Pack release
Posted by Mark C. Brown Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:16:37 AM
Blue Eyes is back. And he brought his pack.
As U2's Bono was quoted after Frank Sinatra's death in 1998, "Sinatra was the 20th Century. He was modern, he was complex, he had swing and attitude. He was the big bang of pop...the man invented pop music."
But at the same time, like Elvis and Marilyn, Frank never went away.
"The Very Best of the Rat Pack" pulls together 18 tracks by Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr. and Dean Martin, all songs representative of the singers' Las Vegas heyday, singing classic songs in classic rooms on the strip - many of which, sadly, no longer exist.
For the youngsters, the Rat Pack was an evolving cast of characters (actually started by Humphrey Bogart) that solidified into a classic lineup: Frank, Dean, Sammy, Peter Lawford and Joey Bishop.
The album doesn't go on sale until Jan. 25, but in an MSN Music exclusive, here's a never-heard alternate version of the Sinatra classic, "I'm Gonna Live Until I Die."
The album features solos, duets and a bunch of stone-cold classics including "Come Fly With Me," "I've Got You Under My Skin," "Luck Be a Lady" and plenty more, including possibly the best-titled song of all time, Martin's "Ain't That a Kick in the Head." Here's the complete tracklist for you obsessive types out there. Get more info at www.Sinatra.com.
1. Come Fly With Me – Frank Sinatra
2. Ain’t That A Kick In The Head – Dean Martin
3. Too Close For Comfort – Sammy Davis Jr.
4. I’ve Got You Under My Skin – Frank Sinatra
5. Who’s Got The Action? – Dean Martin
6. A Lot Of Livin’ To Do – Sammy Davis Jr.
7. Ring-A-Ding Ding – Frank Sinatra
8. Eee-O Eleven – Sammy Davis Jr.
9. Luck Be A Lady – Frank Sinatra
10. Volare (Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu) – Dean Martin
11. Birth Of The Blues – Sammy Davis Jr.
12. Witchcraft – Frank Sinatra
13. You’re Nobody ’Til Somebody Loves You – Dean Martin
14. I Get A Kick Out Of You – Frank Sinatra
15. Sam’s Song – Dean Martin & Sammy Davis Jr.
16. I’m Gonna Live Until I Die – Frank Sinatra (Alternate Version)
17. Everybody Loves Somebody – Dean Martin
18. Me And My Shadow – Frank Sinatra & Sammy Davis Jr.
Posted by dino martin peters at 7:17 AM