Monday, March 19, 2012

On This Day In Dino-history: March 19, 1968

Hey pallies, likes thanks to the pallies at the blog pad, "Motor City Flashbacks" we learn that today is likes 'nother delightful day in all of Dino-history! On the 19th of March in 1968 our Dino's grand al-b-um "Houston" on the Reprise label was certified gold! This certainly was 'nother stunnin' success for our most beloved Dino!

Likes gotta 'fess up that the cover art of "Houston" with all those groovy Dino-poses is likes one of my most fav LP al-b-um Dino-covers. And, oh, how I loves the totally totally rad al-b-um notes that feature the game "Who is Bigger, Dean or Texas?" Did a bit of Dino-research and likes our Dino led me to a very cool blog tagged "The Album Cover Art Gallery," where I found not only a pix of the cover art, but the liner notes as well with bit of Dino-commentary. Likes knows that I will be returnin' to that new-to-ilovedinomartin site very very Dino-often!

And, as part of our celebratin' this great great day in Dino-history have also included the youtube vid clip of our amazin' Dino havin' such fun singin' "Houston" on the Dino-show...remember that funniest of funny harmonica bit?!?!?

To view the "The Album Cover Art Gallery" just clicks on the tag of this here Dino-message. Keeps lovin' our Dino and keeps celebratin' with us all those awesome dates in Dino-time! Dino-hooked, DMP




Notes: Always smooth as old whiskey and new leather Dean comes across in this one with his typical class and warmth that makes you want to buy him a drink or two after the show. The liner notes include the game, "Who is Bigger, Dean or Texas?". According to Stan Cornyn Dean was once a croupier, won't ride in elevators since getting stuck between floors twice and his given name is Dino Crocetti. An acquired taste perhaps?

1968:Dean Martin’s Reprise’ album Houston is certified gold.

6 comments:

Always On Watch said...

All of our Dino's albums are wonderful, of course.

But this particular one was particularly outstanding. I love the back of the album jacket!

Always On Watch said...

Question: I've forgotten...How did the recording studio achieve the clinking sound in the background music for "Houston"? I think there is an interesting bit of trivia there.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes thanks ever so much Miss AOW for your Dino-reflections. Likes I know that I heard sometime somewhere 'bout that noise, but likes you I have forgotten...pershaps 'nother Dino-phile will be able to helps us out with that Dino-detail! Keeps lovin' our most beloved Dino!

Danny G. said...

From what my pickled brain is tellin' me...the "clinkin" was made from tappin' on a Coke bottle. Very clever!

Danny G.

Always On Watch said...

Thanks for the info, Danny.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes thanks Danny-o...as I was ponderin' this Dino-wonder, that Dino-detail came back to me sometime early this Dino-mornin'. Keeps lovin' our Dino!