Sunday, August 07, 2011

Danny G.'s Sunday Serenade with Dino: "Ol' Man River"

Man oh man pals! What can I say bout' this weeks Serenade?! I simply, plainly & truly loves & digs it! That's it pals! I can't say much more bout it!

It's an old song. Honestly...to me, it's a dull song. But sweet mother Mary, the way Dean sings this old, dull song makes me wanna jump outta my lounge chair and do back flips down the street!!!

Don't tell Mrs.G...she'll have me committed!!! Dino puts so so much fun & swing into this ol' ditty...so so much of his hip, groovin' charisma that it brings this "hum-drum" tune TO LIFE my friends!

He's singin'! He's swingin'! No one...NO ONE does it better than our Dino! I can't help but play this vid over & over. I betcha you will too pals! If you don't find yourselves groovin' on this one...you better grab yourself a martini, a smoke & a book bout livin the good life! Enjoy pals!



Ol' man river.
That ol' man river.
He don't say nothin'
But he must know somethin'
Cause he just keeps rollin'
He keeps rollin' along.
Rollin' along.
He don't plant tators
He don't plant cotton.
Them that plants 'em is soon forgotten.
But ol' man river
He keeps rollin' along.
You and me
We sweat and strain.
Body all achin'
And wracked with pain.
Tote that barge.
Lift that bale.
Get a little drunk
And you land in jail.
I gets weary
Sick of tryin'
I'm tired of livin'
Feared of dyin'
But ol' man river
He's rollin' along.

No comments: