Sunday, July 07, 2013

Danny G's Sunday Serenade with Dino: "Duetin with Dino"..."You Was"






Welcome back Ol' pals O' mine! Man...CAN IT GET ANY HOTTER?!!! Now, if youse are like me...then youse already knows...the ONLY way to beat this unrelentin' Summer heat is to CHILL OUT with some COOL COOL Summer jams! Well pallies...just so happens that a VERY cool little tune has fallen from the skies of Google Alerts...right into my lap...just in time for this week's "Duetin' with Dino" Serenade. "You Was" features our bestest pal croonin' along side the VERY wonderful Ms. Peggy Lee. Really is the perfecto type number to daydream away these long, hot days! Checks out the funny "Muppety" vid! Cracks me up pals! Enjoy & STAY COOL!!!





(Peggy Lee:) If you were to ask me who the sweetest one I knew was
I'd say you was
(Dean Martin:) If you were to ask me who my favorite point of view was
I'd say you was
(Peggy Lee:) When you're not near my heart is inclined to waste away
(Dean Martin:) But when you're here the funny part is
My heart is a spherical lyrical miracle all the day
(Peggy Lee:) If you were to ask me who the apple of your eye was
I'd say I was
(Dean Martin:) If you were to ask me who your sweet potato pie was
I'd say I was
(Peggy Lee:) Supposing you paid a visit to a certain preacher
(Dean Martin:) Supposing you overheard me practicing "I do"
And you were to ask me who the bride and groom to be was
(Peggy Lee:) I'd say we was
(Dean Martin:) Me and you
(Peggy Lee:) I've got a heart that hollers when you're not close to me
(Dean Martin:) But when you're near it sorta follows
(Both) There isn't a lovelier heaven or bubblier place to be
(Dean Martin:) If I were to ask you who the girl I'd glorify was
(Peggy Lee:) I'd say I was
(Peggy Lee:) If I were to ask you who the boy I'd like to tie was
(Dean Martin:) I'd say I was
(Peggy Lee:) Supposing you heard that I was shopping for a trousseau
(Dean Martin:) Supposing I bought you something old and something new
And you were to ask us who the bride and groom to be was
(Peggy Lee:) I'd say (both) we was me and you
(Peggy Lee:) You was
(Dean Martin:) You was
(Peggy Lee:) You was
(Dean Martin:) I was
(Both) We was me and you

No comments: