Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Australia X Factor finalist dubbed the new Dean Martin

Hey pallies, likes the tag of today's Dino-post sez it all dudes....there's a new Dino-wanna-be in our midst. From the pad Belfast Telegraph and the pen of writer Elaine Loughln comes news of youthful crooner Andrew Lawson, who after appearin' on Australia X Factor has been dubbed "the new Dean Martin."

And, it would seem that that tag woulda be appro for Mr. Andrew as he was introduced to the music of our Dino and the frankie by his daddy-o, Harry Lawson, and now Andrew hopes he can become as famous as his Dino-idol.

Likes I always finds it so cool when some up and comin' youthful entertainer simply wants to emulate our beloved Dino. What a huge honor for Mr. Andrew Lawson to have gotten tagged "the new Dean Martin" 'cause of his "laid back lounge style."

ilovedinomartin wishes Andrew all the best as he moves forward in the Australia X Factor competition and in his desire to become more and more like our Dino. With so many of today's youth turnin' on to the sounds of our great man, we can be assured pallies that the Dino-legacy will always always be with us...likes for Dino-ever!!!!

To view this in it's original format, just clicks on the tag of this Dino-gram. Dino-sharin', DMP




Australia X Factor finalist dubbed the new Dean Martin

By Elaine Loughln
Tuesday, 12 October 2010



Andrew Lawson

A Northern Irish singer has been dubbed the next Dean Martin after he crooned his way through to the final eight of X Factor Australia.

Eighteen-year-old Andrew Lawson — who grew up in Lisburn — wooed the audience with his jazz version of Eagles hit, Heartache Tonight.

“I felt my performance last night [Sunday] was good so I was fairly confident going into the results show,” the talented singer said, “I’m still over the moon, I’m just so happy to be through to another week.”

Judges Ronan Keating, Natalie Imbruglia, Guy Sebastian and Kyle Sandilands loved Andrew’s laid back lounge style.

“The previous week Ronan said I looked awkward on stage. But on Sunday he said, ‘I don’t know what I was talking about — you were great’.

“I didn’t get a single bit of negative feedback from any of the judges this week.”

Andrew attended Ballymacash Primary School before his family emigrated to New Zealand when he was six. They finally settled down in Queensland, Australia five years ago.

He told the Belfast Telegraph that singing has always been in his blood. “I always sang. I thought it was just normal — I thought everyone could sing but as I got older people began saying I had a good voice and I was a great singer so I decided to pursue that,” Andrew said.

His father, Harry Lawson who owned the family butchers in Bridge Street, Lisburn, introduced him to musical legends Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and now Andrew hopes he can become as famous as his idols.

With his floppy surfer hair and slick dress code of blazers and skinny ties the singer has gained a huge fan base — almost 2,000 followers have joined his Facebook page.

The teenager said: “It’s kind of strange having people come up to you asking for your autograph.

“They think you’re not a normal person. It’s very strange to have people in the street know your name. But I am loving it — I know this is something I was destined to do.”

The singer, who has been compared to Michael Bublé, had planned on moving to the UK to try and get a break in music but now he believes X Factor has given him more options.

“You never know, my mentor, Kyle Sandilands might give me a record deal after the show! And if I win my life will just be completely changed,” he said.

His ecstatic aunt, Jenny Dunlop said: “I think he’s the dark horse to be honest. At the beginning of the show he was tipped as the one to watch, he’s just so different from the rest in the show.

“I said that if he got through this week I would go over to see him, and now I’m going to have to do it. It’s very exciting,” said Jenny who now lives in West Kirby in England.

The Australian X Factor live show goes out on Sundays with the results show broadcast each Monday.

7 comments:

Shaun said...

Hello Dean,
me, mum and pop watch X factor every week, we all voted for Andrew and sundays show is gonna be neat.
Andrew lives in Noosa, me, my mum and pop went there 3 years ago on a holiday.
Its real neat Andrew is being called the next Dean Martin.
Now i know what that means, now i know Dean is a real legend.
No way are we gonna miss sunday night
Shaun

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallies, likes Deanager Shaun, I likes just know that one or more of our Aussie Dino-lovers woulda shares some patter on this post...cool to hear that you and your daddy-o and mommy-o voted for Andrew...and cool to read "Its real neat Andrew is being called the next Dean Martin.
Now i know what that means, now i know Dean is a real legend."

Cool to be seein' you comin' to such pure Dino-devotion in such short time pallie...woulda you lets all us pallies know what happens with Andrew on X Factor?

Levi said...

Never got round to seein this show, thinks Andrew would be pleased to get called the next Dino.
There was only one Dino tho and no one can be called the new Dino.
To be called that means this dude must be a really cool singer tho
So its cool
Only one real Dino tho

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie Levi, likes digs your Dino-thoughts the mostest!..."Only one real Dino tho"...again likes you may be a Deanager but likes you certainly gots Dino-fever likes real bad!

ALawson said...

Hey how's it going? I'm the real Andrew Lawson. I just came across this blog. Thank you so much. What an Honour!! feel free to shoot me an e-mail sometime.
Andrew

Andrew@andrewlawson.com.au

ALawson said...

Hey how's it going? I'm the real Andrew Lawson. I just came across this blog. Thank you so much. What an Honour!! feel free to shoot me an e-mail sometime.
Andrew

Andrew@andrewlawson.com.au

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Mr. Andrew what an honour to have you visit and comment at ilovedinomartin! Will certainly sends you off an email sir! Keeps lovin' and emulatin' our Dino!