Sunday, December 09, 2018

Danny G's Sunday Serenade with Dino: "I'll Be Home For Christmas"




Welcome back, mi amici!

How youse feelin'?

 Hopefully not TOO stressed out.

 I know we gots a LOT of thins' to do...gettin' ready for the big day!
 Dino-Departure day, that is!
 Haha!!

Yup...it's a BUSY time of year, palsies.
 Not easy keepin' your mindset on "chill mode", these next few weeks.

 Everyone seems to go into "panic mode!" Haha!!

 Seem to forget what the holidays are all 'bout.

Well, pals...what we need to do...is to just relax.

Take a deep breath...& relax.

Thins' will come together...& we'll all be OK.

Just do what I do, my friends!
 Increase your Dino-intake!
 Haha!!

That's somethin' we DEFINATELY can ALL use!

 Actually...what I seem to have the hardest time with...is holdin' onto my traditions.

Sometimes that gets me a wee bit blue, pals.

Ain't easy when family that once were the tradition do-ers...are all gone.
Now it's up to you...& no one else is diggin' what youse do!
 Ugh!!

Yup...not easy convincin' my kiddies that "The Feast of the Seven Fishes" is a yummy Christmas Eve dinner!
 That "polpi" & "calamad"...(octopus & squid) are delicious!
 Haha!!

Nope...they just ain't feelin' the old traditional vibe...that I grew up with...mi amici.

 Really gets me longin' for "the old days", pals.
Christmas' long gone by.

 I'm sure youse can relate, my friends.

 I thinks this week's Serenade will get us back to those days, pallies.
Maybe not physically...but...will definitely bring our thoughts back to those great great days!

Dino's "I'll Be Home for Christmas"...is the one tune that gets me both happy & sad...both...at the same time.
Melancholy, but comforted.

 Just thinkin' back & bein' SO SO thankful & appreciative for those memories...gives me the energy & extra "pep in my step"...to keep on keepin' on!
Ha!

Actually, pals...Dino jams are the one tradition...that no matter what...or who...is 'round...have ALWAYS been & ALWAYS will be...my one CONSTANT Christmassy tradition.

 Now, friends o mine...who can ask for ANY more than that?

Enjoy.

4 comments:

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Danny-o, these sez that "home is where the heart is" and as our heart is always with our most beloved Dino, we will always, no matter what else is or isn't happenin', we will also be Dino-hearted knowin' that we are always welcomed into our Dino-s world. Thanks mucho for 'nother Dino-focused serenade. Keeps lovin' 'n sharin' our one, our only DINO!

Always On Watch said...

So beautiful! And poignant. Makes me yearn for Christmases past, when life was better.

BlueisCoool said...

A wonderful song and just perfect for this weeks selection. I have to agree with you Danny G., there is a different vibe as one gets older with family members that are no longer there. A wonderful heart felt posting my friend.

Have a good week.

Scott

Danny G. said...

Glad this WONDERFUL Dino-Christmassy-jam brought youse all back to happy & fun Christmases of old. Will always have those Dino-treasures to hold onto, mi amici!