Sunday, June 17, 2018

Danny G's SPECIAL Father's Day Sunday Serenade with Dino: "Little Ole Wine Drinker Me"






Ahhhhhhhhh...what a BEA U TI FUL mornin', pallies. 

So So peaceful. 

Let me welcome youse back with a BIG Happy Father's Day to ALL the Dino-diggin' Dads out there! 

A title not to be taken lightly, mi amici!

 Can be hard work at times!
 Haha!! 

Hey, pals...it's a big responsibility for sure, but...one that I truly cherish & consider my biggest blessin' from above. 

Man...I simply LOVES the fact that Fathers Day falls right smack in the middle of these few swingin' weeks, which we have come to know as "The Day Coolness Came to Earth", month! 

How TOTALLY cool & appropriate is that, pals?!

 Dino is like a "Father" figure to us all, in a way, my friends.

 Someone to help guide us through this CRAZY life of ours!

 Someone we can always turn to when we need a little "pick-me-up".

 Our rock that is ALWAYS there...through the good times...& the not so great ones, too. 

Now THAT sounds like a "Dad" to me, pallies! 

So, ol' friends o mine...as I does every year...on this special day...I'm gonna play a Dino-tune that my own Daddy-O loved! 
The man who was ALWAYS there for me & NEVER faulted me for my many foolish mistakes. 
And there were plenty, haha!! 

A guy who always...ALWAYS had a smile...no matter what troubles he may of had.

 Just a Cool Cool fella who made me feel at ease all throughout my life. 

Nothin' could trouble me when Dad was 'round!
 Haha!! 
Funny how someone can give you that TOTAL comfort, huh pals? 

Yup...that was Dad. 

My first introducer of Dino! 

Showed me what magic this pallie of ours possessed! 

Dean, like my father, gives that TOTAL comfort to us now.

 A feelin' that nothin' is that bad.

 No problem is too big that a drink & a song can't help. 

That's the kinda vibe we can get from Dino! 

So, mi amici...Happy Father's Day.

 Enjoy the Serenade..."Little Ol' Wine Drinker Me"

 And remember those special guys today. 
They did/do a lot!

 This one's for you, Pop!  




I'm prayin' for rain in California
So the grapes can grow and they can make more wine
And I'm sittin' in a honky in Chicago
With a broken heart and a woman on my mind

I asked the man behind the bar for the jukebox
And the music takes me back to Tennessee
And he asked who's the fool in the corner cryin'
I say a little ole wine drinker me

I came here last week from down in Nashville
'Cause my baby left for Florida on a train
I thought I'd get a job and just forget her
But in Chicago, the broken heartache's still the same

I asked the man behind the bar for the jukebox
And the music takes me back to Tennessee
When they ask who's the fool in the corner cryin'
I say a little ole wine drinker me
I say a little ole wine drinker me




3 comments:

BlueisCoool said...

Fathers day has arrived once more and I hope that all fathers young and old had a happy day. A wonderful post and of course a great Dean Martin song to mark the occasion as always Danny G., i hope you had a happy day with your family my friend!

Have a great week.

Scott

Danny G. said...

Thanks, pallie! Hope all is well, my fellow Dino-Holic from Massachusetts!

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes Danny-o, what coulda be more lovin' then to have had your Daddy-o G. be the one to introduce you to our most beloved Dino and guide you into the Dino-fold... And, thanks for the wonderful weekly dose of Dino-wisdom from you potent pen. We awesomely agree once 'gain with your speakin' of Dino-truth.."Dean, like my father, gives that TOTAL comfort to us now." Here's to your Daddy-o G. 'n our Dino-daddy-o! Keeps lovin' 'n sharin' our most most most beloved DINO!