Sunday, January 03, 2016

Danny G's Sunday Serenade with Dino: "Volare"


Hey pals...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
 Welcome to the VERY first Sunday Serenade with Dino 2016!

Man o man...what an excitin' time it is, pallies!

Brand new year...brand new Dino-surprises to come!
Who knows what Dean has up his sleave? ALWAYS seems to be SOMETHIN'... FRESH & COOL ... to quench our Dino-thirst!

Love it how Dean has a way of hangin' 'round...his subtle vibe in the air...just chillin'...then BAM! Outta the blue blue sky...drops a NEW Dino-bomb!

Never knowin' where or when he gonna turn up.
 A TV commercial...a remixed tune...a reminiscin' columnist...part of a new flick's soundtrack...maybe just the random mentionin' of his name.
Don't matter, pals.
He's with us.
Everywhere.

Can't help but get SO SO excited to see how he gonna catch me off guard...once again... in this NEW & CRAZY year!

OK, pallies o' mine...Let's get thins' SWINGIN'!

Wanted to kick off 2016 with a COOL COOL Dean tune that we ALL know & love!
 A classic!
Fun...Freein'...& FAN TAS TICO!!!
I'm thinkin' a little "Volare" suits the occasion!
So so many great vids for this jam...I had AB SO LUTE LY no choice...but to play a few.
Just 'cause they so so fun! Haha!!
How could I not??!!
Well...here we go, pals...cants' wait any longer!
Let's fly!


Volare, oh oh
Cantare, oh oh oh oh
Let's fly way up to the clouds
Away from the maddening crowds
We can sing in the glow of a star that I know of
Where lovers enjoy peace of mind
Let us leave the confusion and all disillusion behind
Just like bird of a feather, a rainbow together we'll find

Volare, oh oh
E contare, oh oh oh oh
No wonder my happy heart sings
Your love has given me wings
Penso che un sogno cosi non ritorni mai piu
Mi dipingevo le mani e la faccia di blu
Poi d'improvviso venivo dal vento rapito
E incominciavo a volare nel cielo infinito

Volare, oh oh
E contare, oh oh oh oh
Nel blu, dipinto di blu
Felice di stare lassu
E volavo, volavo felice piu in alto del sole ed ancora piu su
Mentre il mondo pian piano spariva lontano laggiu
Una musica dolce suonava soltanto per me

Volare, oh oh
E cantare, oh oh oh oh
No wonder my happy heart sings
Your love has given me wings
Nel blu, dipinto di blu
Felice di stare lassu

4 comments:

Always On Watch said...

This one put our Dino "on the map," did it not?

I learned my first snippets of Italian from "Volare."

Great first Sunday Serenade for 2016, Danny G!

Always On Watch said...

Loved Hollywood Palace!

As I think back, I'm betting that on that show was the first time that I heard our Dino's velvet voice.

BlueisCoool said...

It would seem we are off to a wonderful start to 2016 with one of my favorite DM songs 'Volare'. I don't think i have herd Dean sing part of it in Italian before, if you can believe that, so it was an extra special version. I also love 'Family Guy' and have not seen that clip before, so things are starting off the rite way here. Thank you Danny G. for all your tireless work in bringing your special DM song every single Sunday, it is very appreciated.

Have a great week.

Scott

Danny G. said...

Thanks for the comments Ms. AOW & Scotty! Much appreciated! Pleasure, as always, is all mine.