Sunday, June 21, 2015

Danny G's Special Father's Day Sunday Serenade with Dino: "Detroit City"



Welcome back, Ol' pallies o' mine!
 Happy Daddy-O Day to ALL the swingin' Dino-lovin' dad's out there!
What a COOL COOL thin' it is, pals... to be able to celebrate all the COOL COOL fathers & father figures in our lives...right in the midst of "The day that coolness came to Earth" month!

Now pals...youse know by now... that I pick a Special Serenade every year for today's tune.
 Some jam that brings me back to my youngest days of Dino-dom.
A familiar song that reminds me of my Dad.
 Well, as I always do...I reach for a specific kind of Dino al b um. A real blue-collar sound.
My Pop was BIG into those Dino "trucker" jams...the "C.B. radio" type tunes.
Yup...those were his faves.
Haha!! Cracks me up thinkin' 'bout him singin' along to these songs! He thought they were SO SO cool & I thought HE was SO SO cool for knowin' the words! Hahaha!!!
What a GREAT guy Dad was! Great memories, pallies.
"Detroit City" takes me ALL the way back to the early 70's! Man! Where'd that decade go?! Haha!!

OK pals...let's get the music flowin'! Oh & by the way...Happy first day of Summer!!! Yea!!!
 Now folks...there ain't NO one COOLER than our Dino to keep that "big rig" cruisin' along that ol' white line! Haha!! That's my attempt at trucker talk! Haha!!
 Anyway...here's to ALL the father figures!
 Not always an easy job.
Keep that special guy in mind today, pallies.
Thanks for everythin', Dad & thanks, Dean... for keepin' his memory alive!
Salute!



                 
                               
                 


I want to go home
I want to go home
Oh, how I want to go home
Last night I went to sleep in Detroit city
And I dreamed about those cotton fields at home
I dreamed about my mother, dear old papa, sister and brother
I dreamed about that girl who's been waiting for so long
I want to go home
I want to go home
Oh, how I want to go home
At home folks think I'm big in Detroit city
From the letters that I write they think I'm fine
But by day I make the cars and by night I make the bars
If only they could read between the lines
You know I rode a freight train north to Detroit city
After all these years I find that I've just been wasting my time
So I just think I'll take my foolish pride put on a southbound train and ride
And go on back to the loved ones the ones that I've left waiting so far behind
I want to go home
I want to go home
Oh, how I want to go home
I want to go home
I want to go home
Oh, how I want to go home
I want to go home
Oh, how I want to go home
I want to go home

3 comments:

BlueisCoool said...

This has to be the perfect Fathers Day song Danny G, you could not have made a better choice! Thank you for your all your hard work on such a special day.

Happy Fathers Day to all!

Scott

Always On Watch said...

I miss Dad, who passed away at the age of 86 in 1998. Dad was a Dino fan, too, but couldn't carry a tune.

Dad watched Dino's show every week -- often with a small glass of fine whiskey in hand.

Danny G. said...

Glad youse liked, pals! Hope it brought back some GREAT Dino-memories Ms. AOW!