Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis: Commercial for Chesterfields

Hey pallies, likes while we are at it, we have one more entry from our Dino-devoted pallie Mr. Charles  Cairns that continues to put the accent on our most beloved Dino and his most beloved partner Mr. Jerry Lewis.  As we continue to honor Mr. Lewis in this week of the anniversary of his birth, we share with you from Cairns' blog his post, "The first choice among young Americans."

The focus of Charles' prose is a Martin and Lewis show that he listened to that had an advert that promoted
Chesterfield smokes "as appealing to young smokers."  In his post Cairns shares a full color Martin and Lewis Chesterfield  advertisement that features Dino and Jerry as sailors (coulda it been 'round the time of "Sailors Beware"?)  as well as a vid clip of  Dino and Jerry's promo for "The first choice among young Americans."

It's clear that Cairns is a huge huge fan of Martin and Lewis and it is simply our delight to share his efforts with all youse Dino-holics.  ilovedinomartin 'gain salutes our Dino-devoted pallie Mr. Charles Cairns for helpin' his readership groove on the great great team of Martin and Lewis.  To checks this out in it's original format, simply clicks on the tag of this here Dino-report.  Dino-always,ever, and only, DMP

 



"The first choice among young Americans"

c0 a pack of Chesterfield cigarettesI've heard lots of old radio ads promote cigarettes as the first choice among doctors, but recently a Martin and Lewis show I listened to promoted them as appealing to young smokers.


My guess is this was ad speak for "Not your grandfather's cigarette."


When I was a smoker, I had a friend tell me, “Clarence, you have the soul of a smoker,” by which he meant I had a relationship with tobacco that was more than an addiction. It was a love affair. And he was right.


c0 A Martin & Lewis ad for Chesterfield cigarettes
But I did break off the affair, and I miss it to this day. If I could smoke and not get yelled at by my wife or die from it, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis: Commercial for Chesterfields(sound doesn't match picture)







No comments: