Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis hold a very special place in my heart.

Hey pallies, likes I was immediately drawn to today's Dino-devotion when I saw the tag "Artists And Models." This later Dino and Jer flick is simply my most fav of fav Dino-comedy, likes I have said before, that to me, this is simply the almost perfect Dino-flick of all time. Well, I have a hunch that Mr. Nathanael Hood of self-tagged "Nate's Mini Reviews" simply musta be on the same Dino-page as me.

Hood begins by sharin' with his readers how much he and his fam dug "The Stooge" when he was younger...rentin' it likes on a monthly basis...and at that time he himself was aspirin' to be a actor. Recently he has had his eye on writin' comic books and low and behold what Dino and the Jer flick comes into focus...none other then "Artists and Models."

Nate goes a commendable job of sharin' a synopsis of this big screen musical comedy...certainly makin' me yearn ever so much to find the time to view it post Dino-haste! Hood shares this wise and wonderful words with his readers..."Watching the film slip into madcap madness is a pure joy. The screen explodes with bright colors, catchy songs, and beautiful women.

Likes coulda not sez it better my self...."Artists and Models" is indeed PURE JOY! Thanks ever so much Mr. Nathanael Hood for puttin' the accent on this amazin' Dino-classic and for sayin' what so so many Dino-holics also feel..."Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis hold a very special place in my heart."

Very very cool on this day after Dino-amore-day to find such devout Dino-devotion from 'nother of today's youthful Dino-philes! To view this in it's original format, likes clicks on the tag of this Dino-gram. btw pallies, likes simply couldn't resist addin' the movie trailer for "Artists and Models" to this Dino-report! Dino-heartedly, DMP


Artists and Models: Frank Tashlin



Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis hold a very special place in my heart. When I was just a youngin', one of my favorite movies to watch with my family was Norman Taurog's The Stooge (1952), an earlier Martin and Lewis comedy. We could barely go a month before we would run to the video store and check it out again. And so now, over a decade later (at the very least), I have been reunited with the infamous comedic duo in Frank Tashlin's Artists and Models. I gotta say, I think I might be a little scared to watch any more of their movies, as they seem to directly relate to whatever I want to be in life. For instance, when I watched The Stooge, a movie about two aspiring actors, I wanted to be...wait for it...an actor. Now that I'm older, I have recently entertained thoughts about starting to write comic books. And lo and behold, Artists and Models is about comic book writers! Considering that many of Martin and Lewis' films involve them getting into the army, I think that I need to stop watching them in favor of maintaining world peace. Anyhow, I suppose that I should tell you a little something about this film. It's about two bachelors trying to break into the art industry. Rick Todd (Martin) is an aspiring painter and his friend Eugene Fullstack (Lewis) wants to write children's books. However, he combats a comedically crippling obsession with comic books, particularly the sexy Bat-Lady. And, wouldn't you know it, the artist for the Bat-Lady comic and her model move into the same apartment building. Let's just say that hijinks ensue...hijinks which eventually involve the Cold War, the Space Race, psychologists crusading against comic books, and a bizarre superhero named "The Vulture." Artists and Models is a charming film that I plan on watching many more times in the future. Watching the film slip into madcap madness is a pure joy. The screen explodes with bright colors, catchy songs, and beautiful women. You know what? World peace can wait. I need to watch more of these movies.

No comments: