Monday, March 14, 2011

I grew up on Dean Martin.

Hey pallies, likes her name is Sue, she hails from Largo, Florida and as the tag of this Dino-gram sez she "grew up on Dean Martin." Today's Dino-devotion comes from Sue's self-tagged blog "Simply Sue Style" where she also shared one of those outstandin' clips from our Dino and the Pack's adventures at the Kiel Opera House in 1964 (see couple of Dino-posts on this same topic last Dino-week).

How refreshin' to hear Miss Sue's open and affirmin' testimony of how our beloved Dino has "impacted" her life. Loves to read of her daddy-o's diggin' of our great man as he "watched and emulated" the King of Cool. Loves to read how Sue's devotion to our Dino has grown through the years as she proclaims boldly..."I am an avid collector of Dean Martin, a trait I took on in my later 20's."

ilovedinomartin sez our Dino-appreciato to Miss Sue for sharin' her "story of a Great Love" of hers. Thanks ever so much for drawin' others to deep, pure, and true Dino-devotion through your personal Dino-reflections! To view this in it's original format, likes just clicks on the tagg of this Dino-message! Dino-loved, DMP

The Rat Pack Live - Dean Martin - 1965



There are so many things I love about this video.
As I approach this year my 50th. I realize the things that impacted my life, and or made me smile.
I grew up on Dean Martin. I was only 4 when this was recorded, while my father Marvin E. Wille, watched and emulated this man singing and sort somewhat looks, for so many years after.
What a suave sounding voice. Even with a cigarette in his hand, which I think he would of puffed on mid song if he had a break long enough. lol!

What did they know then, back in the 60's of drinking and smoking anyhow, the jokes are carefree as their knowledge of the heath issues. But, the Talent....It was there! A natural for sure. I am an avid collector of Dean Martin, a trait I took on in my later 20's.

Thanks, Dad, for showing me this Great Entertainer.
This Sunday, Joe and I are going to see a pretend version of the Rat Pack.
I'm really going to see Dean.
I hope he pulls him off good.
Will I cry? Probably.
Joe will look at me and "Not get it".
Just like ...Why?
I cried when Dean sings at the end of this video "Your nobody till somebody loves you!"
Thanks for sharing my story of a Great Love of mine...if you agree, leave a comment.
Dean will Smile down from Heaven :)

Posted by Sue at Thursday, March 10, 2011

4 comments:

Gayle Carline said...

Sue, my dad wasn't cool enough to try to sing like Dean, but, like you, I grew up with him, too. It is a wonder, with all those cigarettes, that his voice was always smooth as good bourbon.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, great to hear from you Miss Gayle Carline...been wonderin' how Benny is doin' and "Hit or Missus" is comin' along toward publication...keep lovin' our Dino....

Always On Watch said...

Back when I used to give the occasional performance (amateur work mostly), I'd write across my music "THINK D." D stood for Dino, of course.

Those code words helped me to relax and get control of my nerves.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, likes how cool is that Miss AOW..thanks for sharin' 'nother tidbit of how our Dino has influenced your life....and keeps lovin' our Dino....