Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"“Dean was such an incredible human being, so charismatic......"

Hey pallies, likes thanks to our Dino-gized pallie Danny-o, I am sharin' 'nother Dino-post on this day of honorin' the birthday of the kid. Danny-o put me on to this interview that Jerry Lewis did with Mr. John Katsilometes for the Las Vegas Sun.

The interview that took place mid-October of last year covers lots of bases in the life and times of Lewis, and for our Dino-purposes I am simply sharin' those portions of the conversation that are Dino-focused.

Again, from Lewis' own words it is clear how much the kid was, is, and will always be devoted to our beloved Dino. Lewis says many bold thin's in liftin' up the name of our Dino, with perhaps the grandest bein'....

“Dean was such an incredible human being, so charismatic, you just don’t write someone like that off. My God, he was so underappreciated when we were a team. It was, ‘Jerry, this, Jerry that, Jerry runs the business.’ The whole show was Jerry. One review that broke his heart was when a reviewer went to the Copacabana and never mentioned him. It was tough, but he never said a word. He took 10 years of that.”

I so loves readin' that indeed Jerry Lewis has a full Dino-awareness of our beloved Dino bein' "an incredible human being." So cool to have this interview published on Mr. Lewis' 85 birthday and havin' it be such an amore to our King of Cool.

Grateful Dino-thanks to Mr. John Katsilometes for sharin' this interview with the world and of course to Mr. Jerry Lewis for speakin' so so bold and unabashedly of his deep, pure, and true devotion to our Dino! To view this in it's original format and read it in full, as usual, just clicks on the tagg of this Dino-post. Dino-loved, DMP



At 85, Jerry Lewis remains a true Las Vegan
By John Katsilometes · March 16, 2011

“I still feel Dean at times. … When I start to write, in my office at home, I play classical music at a very low level, just so I hear it. Over in the corner is a chair, and I swear to God, when I was writing, ‘Dean and Me,’ I felt his presence. When I told that to Jeannie, his wife, she said, ‘I know what you mean, Jerry, because a couple of the children have had that feeling, too.’ ”

**

“Dean was such an incredible human being, so charismatic, you just don’t write someone like that off. My God, he was so underappreciated when we were a team. It was, ‘Jerry, this, Jerry that, Jerry runs the business.’ The whole show was Jerry. One review that broke his heart was when a reviewer went to the Copacabana and never mentioned him. It was tough, but he never said a word. He took 10 years of that.”

**

“We had been a team for four nights, and we were sleeping in the same bed so we could save nine bucks. I dream out loud and he says to me, ‘You’re dreaming out loud again! Let me know when you’re finished so I can go back to sleep (laughs).” Then I say, ‘Paul (Martin’s real name was Dino Paul Crocetti), understand what I am going to tell you right now. In about six months, we’re going to have so much money, we’re not going to be able to count it. He said, ‘From your lips, my friend.’ Just days after we teamed up, I make this prediction because I believed it.”

**

“My partner never had any emotional understanding of anything, or discussions about emotions, and I did it all the time, because that’s where my whole being was coming from. … The only reason he opened up to me is because I didn’t have a problem opening up to him.”

4 comments:

Always On Watch said...

No doubt about it: Jerry loved Dean.

As Jerry gets older, I think he appreciates our Dino even more.

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, been missin' you Miss AOW...and I am likes in total total Dino-agreement with you when you sez..."As Jerry gets older, I think he appreciates our Dino even more." Thanks for droppin' some Dino-patter and, of course, likes keeps lovin' our Dino!

Always On Watch said...

DMP,
I don't get by here every day because of my work schedule. **sigh**

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, Miss AOW, I totally totally understand...just know that your faithfulness to our Dino through ilovedinomartin is always very much appreciated....keeps lovin' our Dino...